Saturday 25 July 2015

Quote UnQuote 2: Sleep


“I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?” 




Who doesn’t love sleep? All is well when one’s asleep. Wake up and you may discover there’s more to life than endless-entertainment-shopping-twitter-timepass-cappuccino-gourmet-brands-gossip-holidaying-more-more-more. Who wants any messy stuff beyond all this?

Waking up is serious work. All cherished notions of life, happiness, success, relationships, love, everything fall apart. Pain, disorientation, not-knowing and more, all are part of waking up. Everything has to be seen anew, experienced afresh. So everything can be put back, piece-by-piece, in a new light of an inner dawn.



*********

This is the second of the three-day-quote-challenge posts in which I was tagged by Rachna. I have added an additional layer to the challenge by limiting my commentary on the selected quote to only 100 words. And you know how difficult that can be for someone like me, don't you?

**********

No comments :

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire some thought or reflection? Why not share it with me?