Friday 12 September 2014

Current Events 2: Seeing Anew







Why had Kareem-bhai and his friends bombed the army-camps? They were wrong.

The soldiers who rescued me, ammi, and thousands in our flood-ravaged village weren't the enemy.

Who was?


“I’ll join the army, protect my people,” 14-year-old Hamida suddenly beamed.

Inshallah, may more children see the light,” said her ammi.

Image: Source 


******
A post dedicated to the victims of devastating floods that ravaged the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
And to the brave soldiers of Indian Army who bravely rescued thousands of people.

To read my previous entry in the Current Events series, click here.

*****
Linking this to the Fiction Challenge ‘From 15 to 50′ hosted by Shailaja at The Moving Quill. Word prompt: Perspective. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire some thought or reflection? Why not share it with me?