Tuesday 28 January 2014

You and Me


Painting by Prakash Raman

Tell me, who are you? 

But you might say - first ask yourself this, who are you? But I am what I am not only because of me but also because of who you are, I might say then. And the circle of wanting to know you, know me, know the 'you and me', 'you-in-me', and 'me-in-you' will continue...Perhaps rightly so, because we come to know so much more about ourselves in relation with others, through our relational selves. 

But what about my relation with my self, or rather my many selves? Do I know that? Do you know it for you? Let us begin with this intra-relational knowing as we go through life, our lives - 'you and me', 'you-in-me', 'me-in-you'. 


Singers: Manna Dey and Asha Bhosle, Composer: C. Ramachandra, Lyricist: Kavi Pradeep


Click here for the previous post in this series.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Did this post inspire some thought or reflection? Why not share it with me?